Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Wagon Wheel

Wagon Wheel by Old Crow Medicine Show

If you have not heard my favorite song of all time ...
(with the exception of Carrie Underwood's rendition of "How Great Thou Art" of course) 

then you need to go listen to it real quick by clicking below ... 


Ok now that we have that out of the way ... I will point out a few facts:

1. I am from Bristol VA/TN and lived in Johnson City, TN for a while and lovvve it there



2. The lyrics in the song "but he's a headed west from the Cumberland Gap, to Johnson City, Tennessee" is my favorite line, for obvious reasons.


3. I have always loved this song and play it frequently and now Ella and Ava know every single word and love it, so we blare it and sing super loud which sometimes drives Chris crazy hahaha

This weekend we went back home and took them with us for the first time ... it was an adventure let me tell you! 




They got to experience my favorite place to eat on the planet ...
Pal's!



I got some Pal's dollars from my Aunt Cathy too because everyone knows how much I love it there!

We went to the Bristol Motor Speedway
Where the Nascar Races are ... and we drove through the light show, which was supposed to be one of the best in the country and it really was awesome! 


We were surprised to see that we actually got to go down on the track and DRIVE around the track ...
You would have thought Chris died and went to heaven ha! It was pretty cool I will admit, even though there was a good chance our car was going to tip over it was SO steep on the track! 



We hung out with my Papaw .... SO fun! 


We took the kids to his house to play and it was hysterical ... 


Ava discovered the "organ" from 1929 haha and literally brought the house down and blared it  ;) 


My Papaw collects coins ... he has his whole life, like hides them in walls and safes and such ha it's insane ... but Jake saw some on his walls and said 
"Ohhh papaw collects money? He must have one THOUSAND dollars!! I want to collect money too"
haha we were cracking up! He was mesmerized by the money. 


Ella saw a real rotary phone for the first time, and thought she was in a museum.
She was trying to call our phones and kept dialing the wrong numbers ha she said it was WAY too hard to use that kind of phone, lol bless her heart. 

We went to my Aunt Cathy's 60th Birthday Party!!



Def doesn't look 60 in my opinion!!
It was a great party, so good to see her! 


Papaw was ready to eat ha



We had a great time!
Happy Birthday again Aunt Cathy! xo

Maybe the sweetest part of the trip ... 
I got to meet up with my cousin Anna and meet baby Henry!!





Obsessed with him! He is the cutest ever. So cuddly and sweet! I could have held him all night!
And he looked pretty dang handsome in his new UGG boots I got him for Christmas ;) 
Ahhh love him!! <3 

We had an awesome trip ... it was too short! 


Lastly, I went to get my Mamaw's Bible 
because I wanted to use it in our wedding for something... and when we were cleaning it out I found this piece of paper with a great little paragraph on it ... 


Isn't that good?
I want to hang it up somewhere I will see it every day! Great reminder. 

Well, it was a great trip and we had an awesome time!
Can't wait to go back sometime soon!!

Until then, we will just keep listening to Wagon Wheel hahaha 
Sorry babe ;) 

post signature

12 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a fun trip and great holiday! That is hilarious about the phone :) I think our first phone looked like that when I was growing up...ha! Also - you do a great job of taking lots of pictures. I need to strive to do more of this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay again, you're too stinkin pretty! ;) also, Carrie Underwood's version of Great Thou Art is probably the most beautiful version I've ever heard of it, I agree! Looks like you had a fantastic time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That little paragraph is so great! I didn't know you were from Johnson City. When I was growing up in Pikeville, we used to drive to there sometimes to go to the mall there - and then on to Knoxville : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a wonderful vacation home!! I love the boots you're wearing! Those are great. I wish it snowed here :(

    Xo-L
    brunchwithlaura.blogspot.com
    (formerly Simply Lowcountry)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that song!! So good! And looks like you had a fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Could your family be any cuter? I mean REALLY! How nice to be able to take the kids back there, I'm sure that was so special for you and Chris :) LOVE THOSE LITTLE BABY UGG BOOTS ON HENRY! Yes, that deserved all capital letters because..well..it's a baby in UGG boots! Hope you had a fabulous holiday beautiful girl! XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a great Trip! And I love that lil passage you found! Just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yours is the first blog I started to read and follow. Looks like you had a great holiday. I really enjoy your blog. That song is cute never heard it before!!! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahh, baby UGGs! Looks like a fun little trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the baby Uggs!! And the phone thing is hilarious, I can think of several younger family members who wouldn't know what one was either!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just found your blog! I knew I liked it/you!! I grew up in Morristown! (now a resident in Charlotte) but my parents moved to BG, KY in 2005. I am also obsessed with that song...and I am obsessed/borderline crazy about cheddar rounds. When we were in college and on break I used to drive from Bowling Green to see my boyfriend (now husband) at Appalachian State (in Boone,NC) and would take the longer way through JC just so I could get Pal's. Good Luck with all the wedding planning! You'll be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and questions!
Thank you so much for following :)